Walk to Rivendell Challenge

This forum topic dedicated to general information about the fantastic world of Tolkien (any questions, suggestions are welcome)

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

RosieBaggins

Walk to Rivendell Challenge

Post by RosieBaggins »

Recently I was browsing the web, looking up lord of the ring websites, etc. and I found The idea was a simple one, make a long term exercise goal to walk 458 miles, the distance Frodo traveled to get from Bag end to Rivendell, keeping track of how long you walked each day and adding it up until you reach it. Once you reached the goal, you can go to others. Perhaps even eventually travelling the entire distance Frodo and Sam walked to Mordor. Or you could split off with each member of the Fellowship, if you would rather do that. The distance of Bilbo's journey is listed as well, if you would prefer to take that journey instead. If you would prefer to do other forms of exersise, (Jogging, bikeing, swimming, rollerbladeing, horseback rideing, etc.) You can substitute that for walking. I thought it was a fun way to keep motivated while exerciseing. There is a yahoo group avaidable that is still active, and well established. If you are more of a Google person, like myself, I have created a group for Google. Of course, since it is new there is nobody in it, but it is google. Is anyone else interested in the challenge, or has done it before?