role playing x everyone welcome

Here you can come with tips to Lord of the Rings Fantasy World (any questions, suggestions are welcome)

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

Khaoz87

Post by Khaoz87 »

"So which one of you wants to rub this dwarves feet?" Glalin says with a joking laugh as he knew Legolas had heard him while riding off in the distance.

"Ok everyone let us eat then get some sleep. I shall take watch tonight with Anaul and Arya" the dwarf says with a booming voice.
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

They rode for miles across the lands which were strangely empty, not an orc or enough small creature in sight, they heard no noise and were silently disturbed by it. After many miles they desided to stop and let the horses rest for an hour. They sat by a tree watching darkness come.
"i do not feel that this is right its to quiet " finrod protested
" i agree not even the nazguls are here they shouldnt have been far infrount and we shall of heard them" legolas said staring around
"maybe they never left mirkwood "
"i am sure Glalin can handle it" legolas said getting up ready to move on "lets go i do not want to stay in one place to long". The got up and mounted there horses silently riding away.
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

After Glalin gave his orders Paedha came forth to speak with him.

"forgive me Glalin. I guess in my haste i did not tell you the full story. I belive the riders are looking for me!!".
" i left the Land of Rhun after discovering a new stronghold in the Iron Mountains. The Nazgul indeed were there also. But more disturbing is the dragon. yes DRAGON. It is a worm of the old world, it has no wings. Possibly from the brood of Glaurung. How it survived unoticed for so long i know not. In my haste to leave i Slew the Rhun Kings 2 sons, and there orc chief"

"The Nazgul are aware of who i am and what i know. I was not aware of of any trackers as i Headed south and passed through the Emin Muil. I crossed the great river and then headed north hoping to come to the pass toward Rivendell."

"I was deep in the enemies council and they wont take lightly to my disbanding. The dragon is there greatest secret. I think it fair to assume that they know that there secret is out. You must let the dwarves know of this. They are the only beings that can withstand the worms onslaught".

"When they come with war they shall surely use the worm to devistating concequences. They also intend to retake Mordor by force. That is there first mission. Why i know not. I have already sent word to the King in Gondor. I came across a scout at the great river. Hopefully they are aware and shall be prepared.."
Khaoz87

Post by Khaoz87 »

"This is foul news indeed, and i can see how this worm you speak of has gone unnoticed my kin have not wandered that mountain in ages." Glalin exclaimed.

"On Legolas return we shall journey with haste to Erebor and tell King Dain of the evil that is at work. Until then we must stand guard and protect the elves of Mirkwood from any evil that may already be lurking in these woods."

The dwarf and the ranger sit in the dark together eyes keen to any movement. The warm glow of Glalins pipe covers his nose and brow with a fiery orange the burning leaf makes a crackling sound. That is all the noise they seem to hear. Their is no moon tonight, overcast skies blocks out even the dullest of stars. If anything were to attack it would be this night, when the King is away and the armies are asleep.

"Let us hope nothing comes upon us, for me and you are the only defense." Glalin says grimly to the ranger. Hoping deep within that the wraiths dont return, he remembers the battle a short while ago but then he also remembers how men,elves,and dwarves fought so bravely and his spirit was lifted. But only a bit, they sit alone the wind started to blow sending a chill up Glalin spine. The chill even managed to find its way through his thick beard, something he had not felt since he was a wee dwarf. A little uncomfortable now his left hand grips his axe tightly as he puts out his pipe eliminating the only light of the night.
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

After the sun had begun to rise they finally approached rivendell.
walking throught the gates they climbed of there horses and went
to see lord elrond. He was stood looking over his valley. They
approached him curiously. "lord elrond we have brought grave news
and are wishing for advance as well to give you a warning" legolas
begun.

"it troubles me that a king shall wonder theses dangerous
lands alone with just his advisor" elrond interrupted turned looking at the pair.

"we were approached by a ranger who goes by the name of Paedha who was found to be following us, later he gave us news of mustering armies of wild evil men in the land of Rhun " legolas looked at elrond and saw no change in his carm expression. "later on that night three nazguls came to mirkwood looking for something" legolas said.

"You have left mirkwood in a most dangerous position, a spy remains there who is informing the evils of your moves, it is as you expected your healer, he has been turned evil for a while as you know he is not of your kin, he has man in him and it is this part that has become currupt. As for the armies men in Rhun i will prepare and send my armies to mirkwood who shall follow your orders alone, they will leave in three days, now you must fly quickly to mirkwood as the healer is under dark orders and killing the people incharge would weaken mirkwood and give the dark armies the advantage to attack".
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

" Be at ease master Dwarf. The elves are masters of stealth and scout. we shall get some warning of any impending attack. As for the Nazgul you need only listen to your heart to know of them being near."

" Take some rest. Nothing shall get past us."

Paedha sat most of that dark night in silence. The animals were stirring so that was a good sign. The dwarfs snores were the only evil he heard that night:)

It was about 3 hours befor dawn when Paedha saw a man leave on horse. He thought this strange for the hour. The man gave Paedha a short glance and for a second was startled as if he thought he recognised him. Then man returned befor dawn and Paedha halted him at the gate.

" what be your business at this late hour" Paedha asked..
"I am a healer. i have need of herbs for the wounded" The man replied.
Paedha eyed the man but he kept his face concieled behind his hood.

"Very well. But i shall have to report this. It is not safe for any to wonder abroad for the time being. You may proceed"

The man hurried along and Paedha returned to his post with the snoring Dwarf. The sun was just about to break dawn......
Last edited by Paedha on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

legolas and finrod jumped on there horses trying to get back as quickly as they could,
"we must hurry i sense great danger for the ranger and dwalfe" finrod said
"yes i agree there in great danger" legolas replied. the galloped off as fast as they could

(we are making it up so it doesnt have to be acurate )
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

(no probs, im good at making stuff up ;) )
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

Just after dawn Anaul and Arya came to Paedha after there watch on the other side of the compound..

"The dwarf sleeps heavy. Can u stay with him till i return. I must have my gear seen to. Im guessing the Blacksmiths of the elves can greatly enrich my sword and guarbs. There was no disturbances last night only......hmmmm... i shall wait to tell Glalin when he is awake. I shall return soon"
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

Riding along they were close to mirkwood when they spotted hoof marks gathered and foot prints next to the hoof marks.
"do you think the healer came to speck to nazguls last night ?" finrod questioned.
"hmm i am no ranger but they appear to be" legolas said growing angry.
"calm down legolas you shall kill him as we are the only ones to know of what he has done" finrod said trying to calm legolas down.
"i shall kill him as soon as we arrive and no one we stop me no elf , no ranger and no dwalfe will stand in my way" legolas bellowed riding fast.
"we shalll not let you do this, he is not worth it " finrod replied. he was deeply worried about legolas over reacting, the healer was also suspected of the reason to the death of his father.
Khaoz87

Post by Khaoz87 »

Glalin quickly rustles from his slumber, "Ah i fell asleep at my post! Where is Paedha?"

Glalin looks around quickly and see Arya and Anaul standing by him. He asks some elves if they have seen the ranger. Some dont know then one tells of him being by the armory and blacksmiths. Glalin hurries over all the while grabbing some bread, still groggy from just waking up.

"Ah ranger, sorry about that i rarely ever fall asleep on my post like that. It must have been a combination of my pipe and the breeze rolling through my beard." Glalin says with a rusty tone.

"You know these elven weapons and armor may be light but nothing is lighter than mithril, i will have to see if i can get you something in Erebor when we go" Glalin says with a smile as hes given much to his comrades over the few months they have been together. In his head though he is also thinking of getting some new armor and an alternate weapon as well.

"Also i had the strangest dream, something of someone riding a horse..they stood over me for a brief moment then disappeared. I know not of what it means if it has any meaning at all" Glalin says to Paedha.

(woke for a midnight snack at 4:30am haha. ill be back on in about 5 to 6 hrs xD)
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

Walking up to mirkwood the anger of what the healer had been doing was appon legolas but then suddenly he realised that maybe he should be just angry but worried as they had no idea what had happened while he had been away, had the healer injured anyone like elrond suggested. maybe he had slipped poison into someones drink like of what had happened to his father.
"we must hurry " legolas paniced
"i will not allow you to kill someone of your kin even someone who is only half your kin, i shall and i suspect the others shall agree stop you " finrod replied.
"stand where you like blood shall be spilt tonight and it shall not be mine" legolas said rather bitterly . finrod was growing more worried he had no way of warning Glalin or Paedha to stop legolas, his only hope was that they were by the gate so finrod could yell a warning.
Paedha

Post by Paedha »

" Thank you Glalin. I have heard of the works of the Dwarves. I am keen to see your armour but as for my sword. It came from the Treasury of Gondolin and i will never part with it. Many an orc have felt its bite."

"Strange also about your dream. Before dawn a healer left the compound on horse and when he returned i spoke with him. He said he was gathering herbs for his medicines.. I only left you alone for a minute, and nothing got past me."

They pondered this news for a moment. The morning was quiet and the peoples were restless. The sun did not break the clouds that morning.
Khaoz87

Post by Khaoz87 »

"Ah quite understandable i would rather not part with my weapon either, but some duties call for a heavier more treacherous weapon." Glalin says looking into the sky above.

"It is not typical weather for Mirkwood, something is amiss. Legolas should have returned by now also. All these strange occurances lately leave me on edge." the dwarf says running his thumb along the knicked blade of his axe.

Glalin sits quietly peering into the woods hoping at any second Legolas and Finrod will gallop through, but sees nothing. He picks himself up and looks to the ranger.

"So shall we rustle up the warriors so they may take watch for a bit while we grab a bite and refresh ourselves with a smooth beverage?" Glalin asks Paedha. "Maybe it will jog some memories that will shed some light on our situation at hand".
x-sam-x

Post by x-sam-x »

They were finally at the mirkwood gatewood when finrod saw Glalin and Paedha walking away towards the hall, legolas jumped off his horse slammed the doors open which mad such a loud noise that everyone tunred to see what had happened, legolas charged past Glalin and Paedha almost knocking them over. finrod ran up to the two "he has to be stopped he is going to kill the healer " finrod said in a panic, they followed legolas into the hall where he had the healer pinned against the wall with his small knife against his throat.