The Hobbit - There and Back Again (music)

Here you can discuss "The Hobbit" book and share the news about "The Hobbit" movie coming soon (any interesting facts, questions are welcome)

Moderator: x-sam-x

Scarroth

The Hobbit - There and Back Again (music)

Post by Scarroth »

Hi there,

I wrote this piece to a theatre adaption of Tolkien's "The Hobbit" by our high school drama class. It's didvided into an A-B-A form. A introduces Bilbo's motif, B the so called wandering motif and the last part concludes with a transposition of the beginning. Ok, it's not that exciting, but I would like to hear what you think of it. :-)

[Copyright 2007 Dustin Nägel]
drayco90

Post by drayco90 »

new site. go there. i will kill you all if you dont.
michaelalan2

Post by michaelalan2 »

I like the song. It's pretty good. 8)
LOTRFan997

Post by LOTRFan997 »

yea i'm with Michaelalan2 it's really good! 8)
Scarroth

Post by Scarroth »

Hi there,

after a long time of musical abstinence I'm back in business. That one here is an overture to a (unfortunately!) non-existent Errol-Flynnish adventure movie:

Kind of a finger exercise to exhaust my orchestral synthesizers, since I stuffed practically everything into it... Gong, Harp, Glockenspiel, even an female choir in the grand finale! Ok, on top of that there could also be an sustained organ chord concluding the piece. Must admit, I forgot that one. Anyway, I know it's over the top and the brass sound sucks, but you know that? F*** it, I had a hell of fun writing this! And I hope you'll enjoy it, too :-)

Best regards

Dustin
Andrzej

Re: The Hobbit - There and Back Again (music)

Post by Andrzej »

Hello LOTR! :D