The Soundtrack..

This forum topic dedicated to general information about the fantastic world of Tolkien (any questions, suggestions are welcome)

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

Tanbarbiegirlxox

The Soundtrack..

Post by Tanbarbiegirlxox »

This is only for you DIE-HARD soundtrack fans.. I am curious, are there any other people out there who love the soundtrack as much as I do?!?!

I swear, I think God himself composed the music and sent it to Howard Shore. They are always in my head!! Some can make me cry they're so beautiful..CALL ME A FREAK. here are my favorite songs:

FOTR- "A Knife in the Dark", "Flight to the Ford", "Many meetings", "Council of Elrond", "Bridge of Khazad-dum", and "May it Be".
TTT- "The Uruk-hai", "The Evenstar", "The White Rider", "The HornBurg", "Forth Eoringlas", "Isengard Unleashed", and "Gollum's Song".
ROTK- "TWILIGHT AND SHADOW", "A Storm is Coming", "The White Tree", "Minas Tirith", "Anduril", "The Black Gate Opens", "The End of All Things", and "The Return of the King."

I'm so obsessed its sad. I love looking in the mirror and pretending Im an elf whenever I play them on my computer. They are so beautiful it literally hurts me.

So I am dyingggg to know what are some of your favorite songs?!

go into detail, tell me what you like!!!! How does it make you feel?!?! I WANT TO KNOW.
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

Oh, i LOVE these songs, i have them on the CD, i cant say which are my most favorite, but know most of them, which you wrote down here and i love especially May It Be, and some like Shire, Rohan, March of the Ents... and much more
Mija

Post by Mija »

I love May it be, too...
But I love all songs by Enya, the best is Adiemus...
Peregrina_Took

Post by Peregrina_Took »

Mija wrote:I love May it be, too...
But I love all songs by Enya, the best is Adiemus...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Adiemus was done by Enya. Maybe I'm thinking of a differant song, though.

I love the soundtracks too! They're so perfect.

'The Bridge of Khazad - dum' from FotR is a favourite, along with any and all creepy Ringwraith music. :wink: 'May it Be' is beautiful, and very fun to sing along with, especialy the Elvish bits. 'The Black Rider' is a personal favourite among favourites, and of course, 'Concerning Hobbits'. Howard Shore is a genius.
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

I dont know if Adiemus was done by Enya, i just heard that she sang it and right... it is very beautiful
Peregrina_Took

Post by Peregrina_Took »

Oh, I just got the TTT soundtrack a few days ago - I like all of them best! Gollum's Song is very sad and Gollum-y. The singer's voice isn't the prettyest in the world (in my opinion), but it's definately growing on me. :)
Gilthoniel Elbereth

Post by Gilthoniel Elbereth »

I realy love soundtracks and the lord of the rings is my favorite!!
My favorite songs are:
(FOTR)Concerning Hobbits,The Bridge of Khazad Dûm,Lothlórien,The Breaking of the Fellowship,May It Be,The Council of Elrond

(TTT)The Riders Of Rohan,The Passage Of The Marshes,The Uruk-Hai,The King Of The Golden Hall(i'm a rohirrim and proud of it 8) ),Forth Eorlingas,Isengard Unleashed,Gollum's Song

(ROTK),A Storm is Coming,Hope and Memory(it always makes me cry when i hear it :cry: ),Minas Tirith,The White Tree,The Steward of Gondor,The End of All Things,The Ride of the Rohirrin,The Black Gate Opens,Into the West
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

in to the west is so sad... thats because i dont really listen to it....
MastrLOTRELF

Post by MastrLOTRELF »

someone want to tell me where i can find this stuff. :)