Who's your favorite hero?

This forum topic dedicated to general information about the fantastic world of Tolkien (any questions, suggestions are welcome)

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

LOTRFan997

Post by LOTRFan997 »

Yo my favorite hero on the LOTR is Gandalf the white,But my favorite one is Legolas mostly cause his an Elf, and because his good with his bow and sword but i also like alot other people in LOTR
AragornElfstone

Post by AragornElfstone »

There are really too many characters for me to choose; but I'd have to go with Aragorn. I really like Theoden and Saruman as well.
zombiepeople

Post by zombiepeople »

Both aragorn and samwise. Aragorn raises to all the challenges he faces going from an outcast ranger to the King of Gondor. He faces so much strife and doubt from many people, but still does what's right by the world of men by uniting everyone in ROTK.

Samwise sticks to Frodo through everything he goes through and is with him in the end. He even leaves Rosy Cotton, the hobbit he wants to marry even before he leaves with Frodo, and still goes with him as a faithful friend. Frodo could never have destroyed the ring and completed the quest without Sam.
Aredhel

Post by Aredhel »

Frodo...and I guess Sam comes with him. Frodo knew from the moment exactly what he had to do and he set out to do it. Sam did it out of a specific loyalty to Frodo. But Frodo did it to save the whole world.
fireblade002

Post by fireblade002 »

my favourite character is faramir :D
KharntheBetrayer

Post by KharntheBetrayer »

my favorite is smeagol
Calvin Eriksson

Re: Who's your favorite hero?

Post by Calvin Eriksson »

michaelalan2 wrote:Hey, I was wondering who's your favorite hero in The Lord of the Rings?
And if you have one, why do you like them? My favorite hero is Samwise Gamgee because he's a good friend and he's funny. :roll: :D :wink:
I must agree, Samwise truley is a great hero; without him, Frodo would never have made it that far. However, I prefere Gandalf the best! So very wise and with great tricks and powers.

Respectfully,
Calvin Eriksson
michaelalan2

Re: Who's your favorite hero?

Post by michaelalan2 »

Calvin Eriksson wrote:
michaelalan2 wrote:Hey, I was wondering who's your favorite hero in The Lord of the Rings?
And if you have one, why do you like them? My favorite hero is Samwise Gamgee because he's a good friend and he's funny. :roll: :D :wink:
I must agree, Samwise truley is a great hero; without him, Frodo would never have made it that far. However, I prefere Gandalf the best! So very wise and with great tricks and powers.

Respectfully,
Calvin Eriksson

You know what? I would have to agree with you on that one because Gandalf is a better fighter with more tricks up his sleeve. So now I'm gonna have to go with both Gandalf and Sam. :D :P :wink: :roll: :D :!: 8)
rivendell_4ever

Post by rivendell_4ever »

overall me favorite hero is Legolas :D coz he is soo cool and cute :oops: :wink:
BayouDwarve

Post by BayouDwarve »

I've always been a fan of the Dwarves but Sam would be a close second.
Nuada

Post by Nuada »

I know he's not in the lotr trilogy or strictly a hero, but i think Turin, son of Hurin was a great character! A natural leader, strong and stern, but not without great pain and sorrow! I would follow him in battle, tho he was the only one likely to come out of it alive, as is the life of born leaders!!
elva123

Post by elva123 »

my favorite heroe in the is Gandalf the white. he is powerful, kind-hearted, smart. so friendly to the hobbits.
Julie18

Post by Julie18 »

I can't choose. I love them all too much. ^_^
Except Legolas and Gimli, actually. I don't know why. ...

Frodo is Frodo. Enough said.
Gandalf is Frodo's father figure. And I love what he does in Moria.
Sam is incredibly loyal, and he makes for good comic relief in the movies.
Boromir is conflicted, but he fights bravely in the end.
Aragorn is the epitome of a hero, and rises to every challenge.
Gollum plays a despicable role, but he's sympathetic. And entertaining in the movies, too. It's ironic, but he inadvertently saved the day.

And I haven't really fallen in love with Gimli or Legolas, yet. I'm only on the first book, though. So we'll see
Khaoz87

Post by Khaoz87 »

Gimli has a rough personality thats why i like him. Hes very straight forward but also speaks his doubts. Very honest and strong in my opinion.
Gilgalad the elf

Post by Gilgalad the elf »

Legolas Greenleaf of Mirkwood, no contest