Are the movies good representations of the books?

Here you may discuss interesting facts about The Lord of the Rings movies including, including the difference between the books and the film adaptation.

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

Velron
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Velron »

Lady_of_Aragorn wrote:Oh boohoo.
You know I'm right, that's why you are running out of things worth saying in rebuttal. But you, like most insecure types, are too weak to admit you are wrong.
drayco90
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:07 pm

Post by drayco90 »

Velron wrote:I'm not American either. At least we agree on one thing, American ignorance of the outside world and other peoples views. I just hope you see my points and take them into consideration, surely you can see the difference in suggesting the new site and berating people about it.
and you call KIA a hypocrite? hah.
Velron
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Velron »

drayco90 wrote:
Velron wrote:I'm not American either. At least we agree on one thing, American ignorance of the outside world and other peoples views. I just hope you see my points and take them into consideration, surely you can see the difference in suggesting the new site and berating people about it.
and you call KIA a hypocrite? hah.
Right along with you champ. How's that working out for ya?
drayco90
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:07 pm

Post by drayco90 »

very well why thank you.
alea_nightstar12
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 am

Post by alea_nightstar12 »

Hello!
drayco90
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:07 pm

Post by drayco90 »

go die in a flaming pit of writhing snakes and beer.


beer is good,beer is good, beer is good and stuff
LegolasLegolasLegolas
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by LegolasLegolasLegolas »

The movies are no good compared to the books the only thing is there's not pics of Legolas the hottie.
elva123
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:58 am

Post by elva123 »

the book is better than the while ,it is still an awesome movie with fantistic scenery and wonderful storyline.
Paedha
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Paedha »

books are always better BUT..
those movies r farkn awesome.

Read the books after seeing the films and loved 'em..

The movies do everything they should. If you want more then start reading.
i'll give ya 6 months. Took me about 3 months.. worth every page...

Watched all 3 films (extended) back to back. worth every minute...

oh........AND STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!... plz!
Cerridwen
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by Cerridwen »

From what I've heard from my dad, the movies are no where near as good as the books. He doesn't even like the movies.
Ajnaran
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Ajnaran »

Cerridwen wrote:From what I've heard from my dad, the movies are no where near as good as the books. He doesn't even like the movies.
Your dad is a man after my own heart! Heart, in my estimation, is what the movies have lost in translation. I'd rather see 100 fan-made movies (like those that have been made recently) that bring the movies to life little by little, rather than a single attempt to retell the entire book that inevitably resulted in heaps of disembodied characters and storylines. To be blunt--I'm very passionate about the books, and thus passionate in my disdain for the movies. I don't think all movies are worse than their book counterparts; I think some succeed on their own level quite often in fact. LOTR is just a poor example. I'm not blaming anyone per se, and there were many things the movies did succeed in, or came close to succeeding in. But ultimately there was a big disconnect between the spirit and imagination of the books and those of the movie, and unfortunately in my mind it ended up being a mockery. :(
MorgothFan
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by MorgothFan »

Despite the fact that they changed some important things and some details in the movies they were very good. Epic in fact :) So I dont really bother for the things they changed. The movies were good in there own way!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avis and 0 guests