Two Towers - Observations and “mistakes” that don’t really matter but are fun and curious

Here you may discuss interesting facts about The Lord of the Rings movies including, including the difference between the books and the film adaptation.

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

Heidiiii

Two Towers - Observations and “mistakes” that don’t really matter but are fun and curious

Post by Heidiiii »

Wormtail rode into Isengard, yet he didn’t see the giant horde of orcs and Uruk-hai? How long was he in the tower before Saruman was like “come look at my army”? And they were all lined up waiting to cheer and growl to show Wormtail.
A meme mentioned that the Uruk-hai know about ‘menus,’ so does that imply Uruk-hai restaurants? Fun to imagine the mundane “human” things that would have to take place in the organization and movement of a giant army like that. Who made the “maggoty stinkin bread?” Probably pillaged from the Rohan villages.

More to come…
Avis

Re: Two Towers - Observations and “mistakes” that don’t really matter but are fun and curious

Post by Avis »

Uruk-hai restaurants? So funny! I can picture a tough Uruk-hai boss complaining about the "mystery meat stew." Another one argues over who gets the last "second breakfast."

Maggoty bread was definitely stolen from Rohan. Served with some rude orcish "hospitality" on the side.

These little mix-ups are fun to joke about. But they also make the story's world feel more real and amusing.
JoshuaJat

Re: Two Towers - Observations...

Post by JoshuaJat »

I just wanted to point out a detail that I found fascinating while rewatching The Two Towers recently. The scene where Frodo and Sam are climbing up the stairs of Cirith Ungol and Gollum is leading them, the camera angles and lighting used really emphasize the tension and darkness of the moment. It's a subtle yet powerful way of intensifying the sense of danger and betrayal that is prevalent throughout the film. What are some other subtle details in The Two Towers that you have noticed and appreciated? Let's discuss!