The Lord Of the Rings is an EPIC materpiece

Here you may discuss interesting facts about The Lord of the Rings movies including, including the difference between the books and the film adaptation.

Moderators: x-sam-x, Aredhel

Ikera

The Lord Of the Rings is an EPIC materpiece

Post by Ikera »

Hey Everyone

I know, it's 2011 and the movies were like, 2002, 2003 etc. but hey, it's a masterpiece and masterpieces are timeless!
Anyway: I'm a huge LOTR fan and as well as reading the books (very) thoroughly, I love the movies and how they portray the characters.

I like the Lord of the Rings because it's quite balanced and has pretty much everything : war, action, romance, nature, friendship, humour, inspiration etc. etc.

A lot of people think I'm wierd because i'm the only one in my class who actually likes it, but do you agree that it's the greatest movie ever?

Mrs.JaelaBaggins

Post by Mrs.JaelaBaggins »

Omg we r going to be like best friends I love Lotr people call me a nerd but i don't care I totally agree with you
Ikera

Post by Ikera »

Really?
I'm so glad you're like me too!
Gosh, its annoying that no one knows what i'm actually talking about - and even worse when they DARE to diss LOTR?!!!!

Wow, we should be best friends!! You strike me as a true LOTR fan.

LOTR Fans 4ever!!!!
Mrs.JaelaBaggins

Post by Mrs.JaelaBaggins »

I'm a completely huge fan have you seen my screen name. I go and on about Lotr ik everything about the movies but I'm trying to read the books lol
Gala

Re: The Lord Of the Rings is an EPIC materpiece

Post by Gala »

Agree, but epic is books but not movies. Books are cooler. This is mainly about behavioral changes. For Tolkien, for example, it is simply inconceivable that Aragorn should kill a deputy, whereas in court he cuts off the head of Ustam Sauron simply for impoliteness.
In the book Denethor is more adequate.